Current Wholesale Members
Are you a current Wholesale Member for LIEF or Maleny Chocolate Co. and looking for the Updates? Please use your Name & Email in this Form, to be sent the latest details.
Terms for Wholesale
- All quoted prices are exclusive of gst. Some chocolate products do not attract gst eg plain chocolate buttons (couverture) however finished products do attract gst.
- First order has minimum value of $500 C.O.D. Subsequent orders have a minimum $300 wholesale requirement. Delivery to your door is $15.
- We are not able to offer accounts and payment is required before delivery either with bank deposit or COD.
- Acceptance of goods is responsibility of receiver. Orders will be carefully packed and delivered in good order. As chocolates are fragile items we cannot be responsible for poor handling/storage once outside of our care. You should inspect goods at time of delivery to ensure quality.
- Chocolates need to be stored in a cool dark environment away from moisture, humidity and odours (especially, soaps, perfumes and strong foods like garlic, onions etc). Even though the chocolate is sealed in an airtight bag it will still absorb other odours which will taint the taste. This is also true of the polystyrene smell from some storage boxes.
- Most chocolate bars will have a long shelf life (typically 6 months) however this is only where storage is under ideal conditions (around 18 deg C and low light, low humidity).
- The shelf life for pralines is less than this due to fresh cream used in most ganaches. As we don’t use any preservatives typically ‘Best before’ date is 3-4 weeks if stored under ideal conditions. Very cold display cabinets where doors frequently open will allow moisture to form condensation droplets on the chocolate pralines and adversely affect the presentation.
- At the factory we don’t stockpile and nor should the retailer. If we make fresh to order, your product will always be superior.
- Good retailers will keep an eye on ageing stock. Where items are approaching ‘Best Before’ dates, best practice will be to turn them over using ‘2-for-1’ offers, or break them up for customer sampling. Do not offer for sale items past ‘Best Before’ dates.
- Chocolate products must be displayed in a cool, dry environment, ideally 12 -20 degrees. Where chocolates are not stored correctly we can not be responsible for product deterioration.
- Where our product shows signs of deterioration in the store whether due to heat, moisture, poor handling or storage, affected items must be removed from sale.